Introverted Thinking (Ti) Cognitive Function
Rational. Mathematical. Logical.
Enjoys reasoning and understanding WHY, sometimes regardless of how.
Conscious (Ti) in the Psychology Types
Hero function for INTP Researcher + ISTP Craftsman
Parent function for ENTP Debater + ESTP Explorer
Child function for INFJ Advocate + ISFJ Defender
Anima/Animus (inferior) for ENFJ Mentor + ESFJ Caregiver
The Neuroscience of Introverted Thinking (Ti) – Reasoning
- Adept at deductive reasoning, defining + categorizing, weighing odds & risks, and/or navigating spaces
- Can shut out bodily senses to think
- Tend to back-track for clarity in thinking
- Separates body from mind when arguing or analyzing
- May abruptly stop listening in conversation
Source: Book on Neuroscience – Cognitive Functions