Are you searching for some new notebook prayer journal ideas to deepen your connection and faith?
These 25 explorative notebook prayer journal ideas can serve as a great way to enhance your prayer life. Choose from one of the prayer prompts in this post to deepen your spiritual connection any day of the week. Dedicate some quiet time to write your prayers in words to receive divine guidance.
I felt very inspired while brainstorming these prayer journal prompts and I hope that they likewise may inspire you!
The first thing I have to ask is: what do you want from prayer journaling? Because the purpose of a prayer journal can serve you in many different ways. Writing is a powerful tool that can really bring life to your personal prayers.
A blank notebook with genuine intention and strategic prayer can genuinely strengthen your faith and spiritual growth. Just start writing and let your thoughts flow.
With a prayer journal, the most important aims are (1) to focus on constantly practicing gratitude for the good things already in your life and (2) to identify what your specific needs are that you want to ask from God. It is a good idea to appreciate your current life experience and clarify your truest prayers, but there is no wrong way or right way to prayer journal.
Make it a Daily Ritual!
One of the most effective ways to invite radical change into your life is with a daily prayer journal. If you find daily time to write out your meaningful prayers, you can deepen your connection to God in a really powerful way.
All you need are some blank pages in a simple prayer journal to start. In your prayer journal pages, you can keep track of your prayers over time to observe how faithful God is in your life.
Anyways, here are 25 prayer journal prompt ideas that I have organized them into different categories by specific areas of focus. Save and bookmark this post to easily refer back to it!
Recognize God’s Faithfulness in Your Life.
1. List your ABC’s of gratitude at this moment in your life journey.
Line the left-hand column of your page with the letters of the alphabet. Then, write one thing you are grateful for in each line of letters. This will reveal to you 26 different ways God is blessing you with currently. Spend time to praise God to welcome more good things to come.
2. Recall a turning point in your life when God redirected you for the better.
3. Who in your life is a God-send?
4. Who inspires you most to deepen your connection to God? What do they do that sets them apart from others?
5. Write a testimony of God’s faithfulness in your life. What is your story of how God has demonstrated his love to you?
Explore Your Faith.
6. What is your favorite bible verse & why?
Find your favorite scripture verse in God’s word.
7. When do you feel most connected to Spirit?
8. How have your experiences in the church shaped you and your faith?
9. Describe the season in life that God is guiding you through.
Recap what is currently going on in your life. What lesson are you learning? What messages do you receive?
10. What monthly, weekly, & daily habits do you want to add to your schedule to consistently practice your faith?
What routines can you implement in order to be more consistent with your practice?
11. What is the purpose of praying for you?
12. Set a 3-minute timer & pray. Write immediately afterward about your insights from Spirit.
13. What do you believe to be the benefits of prayer?
What motivates you to pray? Why dedicate the time and attention to it?
Release What You Need to Let Go Of.
14. What no longer serves you can you surrender to God?
15. What (if anything) prevents you from taking action on your desires?
Identify your doubts and your worries. What roadblocks do you need to tackle? Do you need help to move forward? Do you even really want what you are praying for?
16. What would Jesus do with your worries?
Search for the answer that your wise mind gives you to answer. How would Jesus handle the struggles in your life?
Share with God Exactly What You Want.
17. What questions would you like to ask God?
18. What are your hopes for the future?
Be specific in your prayer list of hopes. What do you really want to request from God?
19. What vision do you have for your life? How does your testimony unfold when you envision your truest mission?
20. Do you trust the plans that God wants to bless you with?
Can you surrender to the Lord?
Clarify Your Unique Mission.
21. What gifts in yourself can you see that God has blessed you with? What unique skills can you bless others with?
22. How does your heart desire to serve others?
As a Christian, how do you want God to live through you in your actions that impact others?
23. Who do you want to pray for?
Have loved ones in your life shared any prayer requests? Intercessory prayer is an easy way to serve others in your life. Meditate for a moment on the lives of your family members, your friends, your church, your bible study, etc.
24. When you think of someone that you could help, who do you feel moved to reach out to & why?
25. What is one thing that only you think you could do that would make a positive impact in this world?
Where has all of your life experience led you? In consideration of your individual gifts, what is your unique calling?
Do you want to make a Prayer Journal for yourself?
In this following section, I curated a to-do list for crafting your own DIY prayer journal. Your own prayer journal could be a digital prayer journal or a physical prayer notebook. You could use a bullet journal, spiral notebook, faith journal, war binder, or prayer binder. Otherwise, you could even print a printable prayer journal with printed prompts or search to purchase guided prayer journals.
Making a beautiful journal can help to inspire you to write in it consistently. Then one day, you will also have a personal record of your story and experience of God’s love in your prayer journal notebook.
By keeping a prayer journal, you can track the blessings in your life. This will help you to remember to always ask for what you want and to express gratitude for answered prayers.
How do you make a Prayer Journal notebook?
Here are some DIY Prayer Journal ideas: 1. Purchase a new journal. (can be a spiral notebook, composition notebook, or even hole-punched pages in a 3-ring binder) 2. Decorate your own DIY prayer journal with a beautiful cover. (can use scrapbook paper, photographs, and washi tape to your style) 3. Write an overall mission statement for yourself and list some of your favorite bible verses that inspire you. 4. You can pre-organize your notebook into prayer journal sections by type of prayer. 5. Have a spot to refer to for prayer list ideas, a prayer template, and an ideal routine to start writing easily and often.
Simple Template for a Prayer Journal Entry:
On a new page, note the date at the top of the page
Meditate on the great things that God is doing in your life
Identify your current personal prayers
Express gratitude for all the good things you know that are on the way
Develop a Prayer Routine: How to Write in a Prayer Journal
Decide on a daily prayer time that you can consistently stick to in your schedule.
Have an easy-to-reference list of prayer journaling ideas, such as this post (Save this page for future reference!)
Full Disclosure: This page may include some affiliate links as I am an Amazon Associate. This means that if you click and buy one of the products I have linked, I may receive a small commission for the sale from Amazon, at no additional cost to you! This helps to support me to keep writing awesome blog posts & shows me that my hard work is appreciated by the reader. Thank you so much!
Here on Quest In, you'll find cute content on depth psychology, holistic health, & online business tips. A podcast is coming soon & I will share curriculums on spirituality & psychology. Visit often, I have a lot of goodies for you!