Are you looking for the most convenient, delicious, and healthy(ish) snacks to pack for a hospital trip? Do you need some inspiring hospital snack ideas?
This article will give you a great snack to pack for an upcoming hospital stay!
Why prepare snacks to pack in your hospital bag?
When you know you have an upcoming hospital stay (such as for labor and delivery of a new baby or for medical surgery), packing good snacks is an excellent addition to your hospital bag checklist. You can save money and prepare better options than what might be available in a vending machine. Hunger is the last thing you want to worry about while at the hospital, so here are some of the best snacks for the big day away!
The most important thing is that you have food available in your hospital room (or birth center) so that it can maintain your energy levels, protect you from uncomfortable hunger, and help you feel better sooner. You may be provided a full meal of hospital food at meal times, but small snacks are a great idea to bring in between.
Pregnant women in particular can really benefit from having their favorite snacks available. Labor is hard work and a great snack will help for a little boost of energy. When I gave birth to my son, my birth partner and I brought snacks that we had prepared a few weeks before my due date. I really appreciated those snacks during my hospital stay.
(Are you a soon-to-be new mom? Consider reading about 11 Most Helpful Breastfeeding Tips for Beginners: Essential Must Haves if you plan to breastfeed.)
This page may include some affiliate links, which if you choose to use will help support me with a small commission, at no extra cost to you!
101 Best Hospital Snack Ideas
I have made this list of the best hospital snacks so that you can find your own perfect snack to order ahead of time or find your local grocery store. To keep things organized, I have categorized the type of snacks into convenient protein-rich snacks, energy-rich carbohydrates, sweets, drinks, homemade snacks, and unprocessed snacks.
Because protein is an important essential nutrient!
- Beef Jerky
- LESSER EVIL Power Curls
- EPIC Salmon Strips
- RX Bars
- Beef Sticks
- EPIC Bison Bacon Cranberry Bar
- EPIC Wagyu Beef Stick
- EPIC Sriracha Chicken Bar (Spicy)
- EPIC Pork Rinds
- EPIC Uncured Bacon + Pork Bars
- SNACK MATES Chicken & Maple Sticks
- KALAHARI Biltong
- Cheese Sticks
- Parmesan Crisps
- Protein Powder
Some delicious hospital snack ideas for an energy boost when you really need it!
- THE GOOD CRISP Potato Chips
- Cauliflower Crisps
- Avocado Oil Potato Chips
- SIETE Tortilla Chips
- Baked Chickpeas
- FRIENDLY GRAINS Crunchy Rollers Organic Puffed Rice Rolls
- MADE GOOD Cheddar Star Puffed Crackers
- GIMME Organic Roasted Seaweed Sheets
- TAO KAE NOI Thai Big Rolls Seaweed Snacks
- ALOHA Organic Plant-Based Protein Bars
- GOMACRO Organic Vegan Snacks Bars
- YES BAR Black Sesame Sea Salt
- SAHALE SNACKS Glazed Nut Mix
- SIMPLE MILLS Sweet Thins Cookies Honey Cinnamon
- MEZCLA Vegan Plant Protein Bars
- DANG Coconut Chips
- Siete Grain-Free Cinnamon Chips Churro Strips
- Artisan Tropic Plantain Strips w/ Sea Salt
- Artisan Tropic Cassava Strips
- Savor Street by Suzie Pretzel Twists
In your time of need, your favorite snack is a great thing to have on hand!
- Emmy’s Coconut Cookies
- YumEarth Organic Lollipops
- SmartSweets Sour Blast Buddies
- Bare Baked Crunchy Apple / Banana / Coconut Chips
- Honey Stinger Organic Gluten Free Salted Caramel Stroopwafel
- Supernola Organic Vegan Paleo Crunchy Clusters
- SmartSweets Red Twists
- SmartSweet Peach Rings
- Lily’s Gummies
- SmartSweet Gummies
- Siete Grain-Free Cinnamon
- Heavenly Hunks Oatmeal White Chip
- Goodie Girl Cookies
- MadeGood Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies
- HighKey Snacks Keto Low Carb Food Chocolate Brownie Cookie Bites
- LIEBERS Thin Chocolate Rice Cakes
- Shibolim Sugar Free Chocolate Covered Rice Cakes
- Cascadian Farm Organic Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Caveman Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut Bar
- UNREAL Dark Chocolate Coconut Bars
- Evolved Chocolate Hazelnut Flavored Keto Cups
- UNREAL PB Cups
- UNREAL Almond Cups
- UNREAL Gems
- Bark Thins
- IQBar Matcha Chai Keto Bar
- Raaka Chocolate Green Tea Crunch
Don’t forget to stay hydrated too!
- Body Armor
- Cold Pressed Juices
Convenient because you can just buy straight from the grocery store!
- Carrot Sticks
- Macadamian Nuts
- Sunflower Seed Butter
- Peanut Butter
- Almond Butter
Can be super comforting, but only if you have the time before & want to!
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Egg Bites
- Deviled Eggs
- Energy Bites
- Fat Bombs
- Trail Mix
- Overnight Oats
- Banana Bread
- Zucchini Bread
- Sticky Rice Balls
- Cold Pizza
Overall, I hope these 101 hospital snack ideas helped you!
If you know you may be staying a long time, consider bringing a variety of snacks. (You could even consider bringing a small cooler with ice packs!)
Full Disclosure: This page may include some affiliate links as I am an Amazon Associate. This means that if you click and buy one of the products I have linked, I may receive a small commission for the sale from Amazon, at no additional cost to you! This helps to support me to keep writing awesome article posts & shows me that my hard work is appreciated by the reader. Thank you so much!